How Do I Know Which Dockside Lil’ Lifter Model I Have?

Home Forums Support Forum General Support How Do I Know Which Dockside Lil’ Lifter Model I Have?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by lakeshoreliftind lakeshoreliftind 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    lakeshoreliftind
    lakeshoreliftind
    Keymaster

Before we, Lakeshore Lift Ind., took over the manufacturing of the Dockside Lil’ Lifter, the lifts were not clearly marked as to what lift height and weight capacity they were. This has definitely caused some headaches for DSLL owners who need replacement parts. Currently we mark the Tower Track with this information to avoid any confusion in the future.

Those of you with an older model, this info will be missing. You may even have one with a serial number on it somewhere, but unfortunately that will not tell you the height and weight capacities. This was only implemented in order to keep track of when the unit was sold for warranty purposes.

Finding The Lift Height

In order to find out the lift height of the Tower Track, you simply measure it. For a 5 ft Tower, it would measure a total of 80-81 inches, and 100-101 inches for the 7 ft lift height. The 10 ft Tower Track was added after LSLI took over manufacturing the Dockside Lil’ Lifter, the overall measure for the 10 ft Tower Track is approximately 142  inches long.

Finding The Weight Capacity

If your Dockside Lil’ Lifter isn’t marked, then you have either the 750 lbs or 1000 lbs capacity cradle. In order to tel the difference between them, you can look at a couple of things. The most noticeable is the construction of the cradle. The 750’s cradle is all one piece. The cradle fork tubes are welded to the cradle assembly. The 1000 lbs cradle’s cradle fork tubes are nested and bolted to the cradle assembly.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.